Hi 👋 I’m Maarten!
Over the last few years I have taken, what felt as, a rather unorthodox path towards becoming a Data Scientist. I started out as a Psychologist with master degrees in organizational- and clinical psychology. Although interesting fields on their own, the statistical nature of the fields grabbed me the most. I sought out to combine psychology and statistics with a master degree in Data Science, which eventually led me to being the Data Scientist I am now.
Some, perhaps, interesting things about me:
- creator of several popular open-source packages;
- finished three MSc degrees cum laude
- MSc Industrial Psychology
- MSc Clinical Psychology
- MSc Data Science & Entrepreneurship
- published my thesis at ECML-PKDD 2019
- written articles on medium about A.I. which, collectively, have been viewed more than 700,000 times
- love playing boardgames (currently Res Arcana!)
Currently, I work as a Data Scientist at Van Spaendonck where I focus on developing new data-driven propositions, solve problems mostly with Machine Learning and NLP, and work closely together with SMEs. Aside from that I continue writing articles on medium and continue the development of open-source packages.
2018-now: A.I. Author @ Medium
2019-now: Freelance Data Scientist / Coach
2019-now: Data Sciencist @ Van Spaendonck
2018-2019: Intern Data Scientist @ Interpolis
2017-2017: Intern Data Scientist @ TomTom
2015-2016: Trainee Clinical Psychologist @ PsyQ
2014-2014: Data Analist @ IEP
2012-2017: Teacher Social Studies @ LOI
Feel free to ask me anything!
To contact me, I would advise you to connect on LinkedIn and send a message as I am less likely to respond to Twitter or mail.